H&M Is Expanding Its Plus-Size Offering With Help From Tess Holliday
For years, plus-sized women have been forced to make due with limited clothing options. Now, thanks to fashion giant H&M, plus-size shoppers can find more trendy and stylish looks than ever before. With the help of plus-size model and activist Tess Holliday, H&M is expanding its plus-size offering and making fashion more accessible to everyone.
1. H&M Embracing the Beauty of Curvy Women
Fashion powerhouse H&M has always pushed the boundaries of the fashion industry. Now, they are doing the same with their newest campaign.
The brand is embracing beauty of plus-size female models in their campaign, celebrating body-positivity. This is an incredible step forward, and one that should be celebrated. Not only will this campaign show a more true-to-life representation of beauty – but it will also give curvy women the confidence to wear whatever styles they choose.
- In previous campaigns, plus-size women were barred from featuring for the brand.
- The newest campaign showcases the beauty of all body shapes and sizes.
- Plus-size models will be featured in back-to-school, day-to-night, and traveler inspired looks.
By featuring curvy models in their clothing, a more realistic image of beauty is being presented to the public. Plus-size women can now access the same trends and styles as those in other sizes. And they can do it knowing they are just as beautiful as anyone else.
2. Tess Holliday Helping to Bring More Plus-Size Options
Tess Holliday is an inspiration to the plus size world. Unlike many celebrities, she is using her platform to turn the plus size movement into a fashion force. She has partnered with many brands and retailers, helping to shift the fashion landscape for the better, in terms of plus size representation and acceptance.
Through her influence and partnering collaborations, there are now more inclusive collections that exist, with a full range of plus size options. This is a much-needed improvement, as many clothing retailers still fail to include plus sizes in their ranges.
- Tess Holliday is using her platform to help break plus size boundaries and stereotypes.
- There are now plus size options available due in part to her partnerships with brands and retailers.
- Clothing retailers are still far behind when it comes to plus size inclusion.
3. The Importance of Diversity in the Fashion Industry
Diversity in the fashion industry is becoming increasingly important, with celebrities and fashion designers alike championing those of different sizes, backgrounds and races. The fashion industry has long been associated with unrealistic beauty standards, but this is quickly shifting. Genres are becoming less strictly defined, with people of varying skin tones, body types, gender identity, and more being included as part of the conversation.
We’ve seen major fashion brands incorporating models of different sizes, ages, and ethnicities into their campaigns, making their designs and runways more relatable. This shift in diversity has meant customers are more likely to make purchases from a brand that’s inclusive, because those customers can better identify with the product.
In addition to showing the power of inclusion, the fashion industry has also championed the fight for equality. Designers have actively voiced their support for LGBTQ+ rights, genderless campaigns and environmentally conscious design. This can have a powerful ripple effect through society, as these initiatives will help make the wider world a better place.
- Diversity is becoming increasingly important in the fashion industry.
- Genres are becoming less strictly defined, with people of varying skin tones, body types, and gender identity being included.
- Major fashion brands are incorporating models of different sizes, ages, and ethnicities into their campaigns.
- Fashion industry is also championing the fight for equality and voicing their support for LGBTQ+ rights, genderless campaigns and environmentally conscious design.
4. Hope for an Even More Inclusive Future for All Body Types
The fashion industry has come a long way when it comes to inclusion, particularly with the plus-size and curvy lines that are being produced in greater quantities and visibility than ever before. Despite this, however, there is still a lot of work to be done in terms of ensuring that all body types and sizes can experience a greater level of acceptance, inclusion, and representation.
In order for the fashion world to become even more diverse, the designers within it must begin creating more pieces that cater to the diversity of body types. This could mean curating items to be compatible with all body frames, sizes, and styles. Designers could also focus on making sure that fabric and materials used to create the pieces properly fit different body types and sizes, so that each person can feel comfortable wearing it. Additionally, it is important for the industry to ensure a wider range of models in campaigns, adverts, and shoots. By doing this, it will create a more inclusive atmosphere and allow people to really see and embrace the diversity of bodies.
- Designers should begin creating items compatible with all body frames, sizes and styles.
- It is important for the industry to ensure a wider range of models in campaigns, adverts, and shoots.
It’s clear that H&M is striving to make fashion truly accessible to all! With Tess Holliday’s help, they are making strides in the Plus-Size fashion industry and creating looks that will make all women feel fabulous. We can’t wait to see what other styles will come from their collaboration!