What is True Beauty?
True beauty: what is it and why is it important? We all hear these words and yet, the meaning may still seem elusive. Is it something outside of us, or something to be found within? Is it an ideal that is constantly changing, or does it remain constant throughout time? These and many other questions surround the concept of true beauty, and fortunately, many answers can be found. In this article, we will explore the meaning of true beauty and why it is so important.
1. Uncovering What is Truly Beautiful
Effortlessly shifting through the mundane days and confused minds, beauty lies hidden from most people. Most people confuse beauty with the obvious – colors and their vividness, smiles and their warmth, animals, nature, people and their presence. All of these are beautiful things but it takes much more to see what lies beyond this.
Beauty is in the ancient knowledge of the world, waiting to be uncovered by open minded people. Pretending to know it all is diminutive compared to actually knowing. Beauty is in little things like a baby’s laughter, a sunset, the knowledge of a thousand things, the exchange of kind words, the opening of a deep insight, a thoughtful gesture. Having a deeper understanding of the beauty in life is what leads to becoming more compassionate, grateful and content.
- Exploring ancient knowledge
- Seeing beauty in small things
- Developing a deeper understanding
2. Exploring Deeper Meanings of Beauty
Redefining Beauty Through Self-Reflection
Beauty is more than just skin deep. It lies within us, in our hearts and minds, in the way we live, love and experience the world around us. Everyone’s definition of beauty is different, and true beauty is often discovered through self-reflection. Taking the time to contemplate your inner self can bring to light a range of unique characteristics that cannot be found anywhere else – ones that make you unique and special.
The process of self-reflection can also help you gain an understanding of the many different facets of beauty. Here are a few ways to explore these deeper meanings:
- Make time for stillness and mindfulness – Meditation can help us connect to our inner selves and unlock hidden feelings and emotions.
- Express yourself through creativity – Try to express yourself through a creative outlet such as writing, drawing, or painting.
- Search for outside influences – Look for positive sources of inspiration from other people, places and things.
- Cherish the power of nature – Spend time in nature and take in its beauty and complexity.
As you begin to uncover these deeper meanings, your personal definition of beauty will become more unique and powerful. It may encompass resilience, passion, courage and kindness. Or it may revolve around the beauty of thoughtfulness, acceptance and love. Ultimately, there is no right or wrong definition, but taking the time to explore the depths of what makes you unique will allow your beauty to shine through.
3. Redefining Beauty Beyond Appearance
Society has long been all too consumed by the appearance of beauty. But because beauty takes on multiple forms, we need to go beyond looking into unlocking experiences of beauty in our daily lives. As a result, we are now beginning to redefine beauty, and this has opened up a world of possibilities.
For starters, it presents us with an opportunity to live a life of meaning. For too long, beauty has been tied to a particular notion of perfection that no one could quite reach. But redefining it beyond appearance can also show us how to find true beauty in things even when they don’t match up to the definition society has ascribed to it. Here are some of the possibilities that have come out of :
- You can find beauty in any type of relationship. It doesn’t have to stay confined to romantic relationships and you can nurture meaningful and heartfelt connections with anyone you choose, regardless of age, gender, or background.
- You can discover beauty in nature. A usually unattractive landscape can hold hidden beauty that comes out in the form of snow-capped mountains, dusky rainforests, or golden deserts.
- You can see beauty even in times of difficulty. Being able to hide from the hardships of life and take a moment to appreciate and experience beauty can help us in times of sorrow.
Redefining beauty beyond that defined by society provides us with unlimited potential to find joy and peace in every aspect of life.
4. Transcending Traditional Standards of Beauty
In a world full of impossible beauty standards, it’s easy for us to forget that true beauty isn’t defined by anything external. Over the past few decades, we have seen a rise in unconventional forms of beauty, from curvier silhouettes to androgynous looks, redefining our ideas of beauty in more diverse forms.
The beauty industry has also been changing to embrace and celebrate different skin tones, body shapes, and gender expression. Brands like Fenty Beauty and Peloton have released ranges for dark skin tones, plus-size models are now being featured in campaigns, and gender-inclusive skincare is supported by many brands. We are emerging in a new age of embracing who you are and the message that beauty comes in all flavors, shapes and sizes.
- Plus-size models are now visibly represented
- Gender-inclusive skincare is becoming the norm
- Androgynous looks are making waves in the fashion world
- Fenty Beauty has released make-up ranges for dark skin tones
In the end, beauty is an immortal concept that has been understood differently by each generation. While what may be seen as beautiful alters with the era, this cannot discount the fact that true beauty lies within every person. Let’s appreciate the inner beauty of others and ourselves!